|Season Two, Episode Six|
|Air date||8 October, 2001|
|Written by||Steven Moffat|
|Directed by||Martin Dennis|
Jane and the Truth Snake
Steve gets a wedding invitation and it freaks him out because of his own relationship status. Jane and Sally wish they were married. Susan tries to arouse Steve while at their anniversary dinner. Steve ends up proposing to Susan in a strange manner.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia (view authors).|
It’s the anniversary of Steve and Susan’s first date and they are going to a posh restaurant to celebrate. Inevitably, speculation mounts that Steve may propose to Susan. While Jeff and Patrick advise him, Jane and Sally get drunk and miserable at the prospect of being left on the shelf forever.
Some hurtful comments from Jane make Susan feel insecure, so she begins to view a meal in the restaurant as some sort of military campaign to get Steve to prove he prefers her to Jane. Wearing a gorgeous dress, she tries some desperate measures to arouse Steve, and finally dupes him into admitting he wants to marry her.
Susan manipulates Steve’s genitals with her toes while the waitress reads out the specials... Steve appears to be very enthusiastic about the duck.
- Jack Davenport as Steve Taylor
- Sarah Alexander as Susan Walker
- Richard Coyle as Jeff Murdock
- Kate Isitt as Sally Harper
- Ben Miles as Patrick Maitland
- Gina Bellman as Jane Christie
Supporting and guest cast
- Sue Kelvin as Madge
- Robert Purdy as Waiter
- Seema Bowri as Waitress
- The blue pillars in the restaurant are actually reused props from "The Melty Man Cometh". They were originally the two pillars that were at the foot of Patrick's bed.